What is the first thing that anyone looking at your house sees? There is no second guessing the answer because, we all know that the entry to a house is always the element that creates the first impression in anyone’s mind. The importance of having a beautiful entryway is something that every interior decorator stresses on. Front door curb appeal is important to make your house attractive and make it stand out from the rest of the houses in the neighborhood and there are some very simple ideas that you can use in order to increase the attractiveness of your home.
Ideas to Improve Curb Appeal
Before looking at the various ideas that you can use in order to improve curb appeal, it may be a good idea to check whether you actually need it for your house. One way to do so would be to actually view your house with the eyes of an outsider. Look at your house and judge whether it actually needs any improvement. You will see what a person sees when he looks at your house. Making it beautiful does not necessarily mean that you add only accentuating elements. You can also use functional items to add appeal to your house. In this article, we will tell you what are the different curb appeal ideas that you can use in order to enhance your front door curb appeal.
- One idea that tends to work very well in order to improve the appeal of your house would be to paint your front door a bright color that contrasts with the rest of the house. Ensure that this color enhances the look of the house and does not cause it become a neighborhood joke.
- Working on a landscaping element like planting a border of colorful shrubs and bushes leading up to your front door also works very well when you want to improve front door curb appeal.
- If your house is constructed in such a manner that the front door gets hidden from plain view, then you can add a secondary entrance by building an archway or a pergola which can enhance the look of your house hugely.
- Most homes which have stairs leading up to the front door have square steps, which are often not very appealing to the aesthetic senses. Instead replace your stairs with slightly rounded stairs. This works especially well, if you have an archway as an entrance.
- Like the idea of painting the door in a color that contrasts with the color of the house, you can also choose to use paint or tile the door to match it to the design on the floor of the porch or the front stoop.
- Lighting is an element that many homeowners tend to neglect often. Good lighting can often be the best way to create an ambiance that is elegant and inviting. Always remember to match the light fixtures to the accents that use on the front door. This makes your look more aesthetic and appealing.
- Basic repair can be crucial to increasing the appeal of your front door. Ensure that the handles, door knockers, and other accessories are in good condition and properly polished. Also remember to get rid of any clutter in your front yard or on the porch.
- The flooring or the deck of your house can add a lot of appeal to your house. Using paint on your flooring or even replacing it with wooden flooring can be great ways of a makeover for your curb.
These are just some of the basic appeal ideas for front door curbs that you can use in order to give your house an instant makeover. There are always other options that you can try for like remodeling your front porch or even making additions to the existing structure. If you are still unsure of what to do, then you can always consult an interior designer who should be able to guide you through the process.